"An iTunes Staff Favorite & featured band on MySpace, Temposhark, blends synth-pop, underground electronica, & angsty rock. Their album, The Invisible Line features 2 time Grammy nominee Imogen Heap, Guy Sigsworth (Madonna and Bjork), and Sean McGhee (Kate Havnevik and Frou Frou). Blame which features on the album was a winner in the International Song Writing Competition and the Blame music video won SXSW Click Music Video competition"
Temposhark's new single 'Threads' with the awesome Morgan Page club remixes will be released digitally on 18th January 2010. Loads of DJs around the world have already been playing this track.
An iTunes Staff Favourite, featured band on MySpace and
CMJ/Sonicbids Spotlight artist, Temposhark, the UK electronic
rock band, blends synth-pop, underground electronica, and
angsty rock. The band have worked together for five years and
have a solid UK/US/Canada tour history, having supported
Grace Jones, Goldfrapp, and Pete Doherty. In US they
supported Darren Hayes (Savage Garden) playing to sell out
shows across America. Their debut album The Invisible Line
met with critical acclaim and widespread press coverage and
radio play with a US TV debut on Fox TV. Temposhark have
collaborated with legendary producers and performers including
Guy Sigsworth (Madonna, Bjork, Britney Spears), Youth aka
Martin Glover from Killing Joke, Imogen Heap, Metronomy,
Melnyk, Camille, M.I.A., Morgan Page and Majiker.
Their second album 'Threads' will be released in February 2010
and sees Robert Diament collaborating with producer Sean
McGhee, who previously worked with other acts such as
Robyn, Sugababes and Britney Spears.
The first single 'The World Does Not Revolve Around You'
was released on 14th September 2009 as a worldwide digital
single, featuring a very cool remix by MaJiKer The first reviews
have been very positive including The Music Critic who says:
"This is quite possibly the most perfect pop song I have heard
all year. It really is that good." The track reached number 10 in
iTunes electronic chart . Tracks from the new album have
already been picked up in the US by popular MTV shows such
as Paris Hilton’s My New BFF, Keeping Up with the Kardashians
and The Real World to name a few. The single is accompanied by
a music video filmed at London’s Bethnal Green Working
Men’s Club featuring Diament at a Speed Dating event. This
has had TV airplay as well as screening at UK retailers and
The second single Bye Bye Baby was released on November
23rd together with a stunning new video directed by award
winning Director Ben Charles Edwards.
This album was funded by winning a £15,000 showcase
competition at www.Slice The Pie.com,a new music website
phenomenon. Their music was given a top rating out of over
1000 bands internationally.
On October 26th 2009 Temposhark released a special album
Re-mixes and Rarities 2004-2008 including 20 earlier tracks with
re-mixes by Metronomy, Melnyk, Avril, and others. This album
went to number 20 on iTunes on day of release.
Solid UK/US/Canada tour history, having supported Grace Jones, Goldfrapp, Pete Doherty,
Martin Glover (Youth), Guy Sigsworth , Mark Moore (S’Express), Princess Julia, and Darren Hayes
(formerly of Savage Garden) playing to sell out shows across America
• Play diverse venues clubs, festivals, parks, theatres, shops and art galleries
• Performed at SXSW, Homelands, TDK Cross Central , Latitude Festival, BT Digital Festival, Sony Ericcson’s
Run to the Beat in London and headlined at Popstarz, London and Proud Galleries, Camden
• Played live for the Gap store 40th anniversary celebrations in London in September 2009.
2010 is off to a good start - Temposhark's song 'Knock me Out' has been selected by CBS television channel in the USA for their annual People’s Choice Awards held at Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles on January 6th 2010. The 36th Annual 2010 People's Choice Awards will be broadcast on CBS beginning at 9pm and is being produced by Mark Burnett, the mind behind the 2009 MTV Movie Awards, which also featured Temposhark last year. The CBS show has already attracted a record breaking 60 million votes online.
best industry quotes
- NME Determinedly hip … you will be hanging their picture on your wall.
- Tom Robinson (BBC Radio 6), April 2006 'Joy' single review, "Sharp hooks, tight production and Rob Diament's trademark dark edge to the lyrics. - Look out Will and Alison Goldfrapp Temposhark are hot, hip, here and happening."
- IDJ Recommended: Temposhark embed themselves deeper with every listen. Electro funk cut with a nice noisy edge. Singer Rob Diament and button presser Luke Busby may get comparisons to Erasure or the Pet Shop Boys, these mixes from Guy Sigsworth and Metronomy fuel these kinds of 1980s connections.
best headline shows
- The Annex, New York September 2007
- Proud Galleries Camden November 2009
- PopStarz April 2008
best support shows
- US tour in support of Darren Hayes June 2007 including New York, Chicago, Toronto, San Francisco and Roxy Theatre in Los Angeles
- TDK Cross central in support Goldfrapp and Grace Jones
- official site - www.temposhark.com
- myspace - temposhark